Spring is all about new beginnings, and one of the most exciting ones at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort is Executive chef Chris Hrybiniak. Though island weather on Curacao remains delightful year round, there’s always an excitement in the air come spring. To keep the happy spring ambiance going strong, we thought you might enjoy getting to know our new chef a little better.
There are nearly endless reasons visiting the Caribbean is a magnificent experience. Pristine beaches, sparkling blue waters and rum punch for days are a few that stand out.
Often overlooked, but equally spectacular, is the cuisine. Nothing beats ending a snorkeling adventure with a bliss inducing lunch. Or, treating your taste buds to their own indulgence after a relaxing spa treatment.
Few islands in the Caribbean are as diverse and rich in culture as Curaçao, one of the ABC islands in the Southern Caribbean, a mere 40 miles north of Venezuela.
Here at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, we are grateful to have Curacao born, European trained and immensely talented, Chef Heinrich Hortencia, as our Chef de Cuisine at Shore, our oceanfront fine-dining restaurant.
Chances are when you visit Curaçao, you’ll want to explore the culinary scene as thoroughly as possible, so we’ve asked Heinrich to let us in on some of his favorite dining establishments.
So, aside Santa Barbara’s wide variety of dining options, here are Chef Hortencia’s recommendations for delectable cuisine to enjoy throughout your trip. Enjoy!
1) Restaurant & Cafe Gouverneur de Rouville: Beautiful historic building, with awesome scenery of St. Anna Bay harbor and the Unesco World Heritage site – Capital Willemstad. They feature a diverse menu and offer excellent service. Heinrich’s wife suggests trying the Cuban style banana soup.
2) Zest Mediterranean at Jan Thiel: An incredible beach lounge vibe will really put you in the Caribbean mood. The chef has a very unique style and they have fantastic food.
3) Restaurant Komedor Krioyo at Landhuis Dokterstuin: Great, authentic local food. Very basic, but also very delicious!
4) Baoase Culinary Beach Restaurant: This is an excellent luxury restaurant. Heinrich says this is, “his style of food.” Features very well thought-out food. Expensive, but well worth it.
5) Restaurant Kome: Just great food, and will make a great night out.
6) Landhouse Klein St. Martha: Absolutely enchanting view. Fantastic service. Uncomplicated and delicious food. All around excellent experience.
Hopefully you enjoy your experience at these restaurants just as much as Heinrich and his wife do!
For further suggestions and insight for your Curaçao trip don’t hesitate to reach out to the Santa Barbara team! We are more than happy to guide you through the ins and outs of our beautiful island!