Pull out the suitcase, pack your favorite island inspired wear, and book your ticket to the small slice of island paradise, known as Curaçao.
Why the rush?
Because the biggest island event of the year is going down in less than one month!
The Curaçao North Sea Jazz Festival, happening September 1st – 3rd, is one of the most incredible Caribbean musical festivals around.
Three music filled days in a row, on the island, will leave you inspired and thoroughly satisfied.
Before we get into more details, we highly recommend marking the date on your calendar and planning your trip ASAP as the entire island starts getting booked up!
Alright, now for the details:
Who: This is the biggest question everyone has – who will be playing?! There is a killer lineup this year, somehow the festival seems to keep getting bigger and better each year.
- Thursday September 1st Headliners – Juan Luis Guerra
- Friday September 2nd Headliner – Chris Brown
- Saturday September 3rd Headliners – Lenny Kravitz
- Other artists include: Michael Bolton, Tom Jones, Charlie Wilson, Branford Marsalis, Kurt Elling, Al Jarreau, Anthony Hamilton, Melody Gardot, Jamie Cullum, Level 42, The Cuban Affair, Snarky Puppy, J Balvin, Burt Bacharach, and many more!
Where: The entire festival will be held at the World Trade Center at Piscadera Bay
When: As mentioned before, the dates this year are Thursday, September 1st, Friday, September 2nd and Saturday, September 3rd.
Why: For those who don’t know, Curaçao is a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Each summer in the Netherlands there is the North Sea Jazz Festival in Rotterdam. In 2010 island folks decided it was time they had the same festival, but with a tropical twist!
How: As for how, let’s talk about how you can make this trip happen!
- Step One – Purchase a Ticket – about $195. To purchase visit here.
- Step Two – Book Flight. For information on airlines that fly to Curacao, visit here.
- Step Three – Secure your room reservations at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort.
- Step Four – Pack, prep, and make sure you don’t miss your flight!
In all seriousness, this is the biggest international festival of the year on Curaçao, and it’s an experience you will never forget! Each year there is an impressive array of jazz artists, and a heavy emphasis on featuring different jazz genres. Truly there performances for all tastes and preferences. A little insider tip – plan to arrive a few days before the festival, and stay a few days after.
The days before will help you get acquainted with the island which will make the festival even more enjoyable. After partying, dancing and celebrating for three days, you’ll crave some calm, relaxing, island time. Few places on the island are quite as relaxing as our expansive resort, but no matter where you are, you can find relaxation because hey – you’re in the Caribbean!