Destination. One word that can mean so many different things.
What do you think of when you think the word destination?
Actually, when we think of a destination we think of our very own Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort.
And how is it that a resort can be a destination of its own?
Of course, Curacao is a destination in and of itself, but Santa Barbara is its very own destination and here are 9 Reasons why:
- You never need to leave – This is may be the top reason. For those who retreat to the Caribbean to get away from it all and truly relax, Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort literally has all of the necessary ingredients for that – luxury accommodations, private beach, fine dining, serene spa, dive shop, water sports, miles of trails and more!
- Authentic cuisine from a Local Chef – Incredibly talented Chef de Cuisine, Heinrich Hortencia, was born and raised locally on Curacao, and brings the destination’s inspiration to the cuisine at the resort’s fine dining restaurant, SHORE. Heinrich loves to experiment and blend classic international cuisine with local flavors and ingredients.
- Explore More than 2,000 Acres – You never have to leave the resort to have an adventure or go on an exploration. The resort sits within a 2,000 acre plantation with miles of trails to hike and bike. The expansive plantation features breathtaking rock formations, beautiful caves and caverns, historic sites, stunning views and a diverse variety of flora and fauna.
- Spa Treatments Based On Ancient Island Rituals – A visit to the Atabei Spa is not only relaxing, it’s a cultural activity as well, since many of the treatments and spa philosophies are based on the Arawak people, the original inhabitants of the island. Best part, Atabei is an organic spa, using primarily locally sourced ingredients in its treatments and therapies.
- We Have Plenty of Iguanas – Undoubtedly, the Iguana, or Yuana, is the reigning king of Curacao’s reptiles. Quite famous for once being a common culinary treat on the island, Iguanas are an island institution, and can be found all over the resort.
- Watersports, Diving and more – No need to leave the resort to get out on the water! We have our very own watersports and dive facility offering a wide variety of Curacao watersports including both kayak and stand-up paddleboarding rentals and tours. Snorkel equipment is also available for rent to explore Santa Barbara’s crystal-clear swimming lagoon. Want to dive, take an Explore Diving Course and explore Curacao’s world-renowned dive sites with our PADI Certifed dive operator.
- Relax On Our Private Beach – Enjoy the natural beauty of Curacao as you unwind in the shining warmth and glow of the Caribbean sun. Our pristine white-sand beach stretches 1,500 ft. Swim in the warm, glassy blue protected swimming lagoon, enjoy a refreshing cocktail or delicious lunch with beachside service from our restaurant, Splash.
- Stay Fit Easily, and With Options – Plenty of vacationers do not wish to take a vacation from physical exercise, which is why we offer plenty of options. The Tafelberg Tennis Center at the resort is one of the best facilities in the region and features the only Hydrogrid clay courts in the Caribbean. Additionally, the resort offers yoga, pilates and aqua aerobics classes each week! And, of course the resort features a state-of-the-art fitness center, open to guests 24-hours a day.
- One of the best golf courses in the Caribbean – It’s a game that never ceases to provide a challenge, and at Santa Barbara, it never ceases to provide breathtaking views. A very challenging course, Pete Dye’s, Old Quarry is rated one among the Best Courses in the Caribbean & Mexico. Whether you golf or just ride along in the cart, you’ll be amazed at every turn as the course meanders between the Caribbean Sea, Tafelberg Mountain and Spanish Water Bay.
To be honest, we could continue listing reasons why Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort is a destination of its own, but we’ll stop there… for now.
Of course, we understand that you’ll most likely want to leave the resort from time to time to check out the attractions and culture of Curacao, which we highly encourage!
But, just know that we can and will meet all of your needs right here on our 2,000 acres of Caribbean paradise.
We’ve always got an exceptional package or two ready for you, you can view them all right here. We hope to see you soon!